Neck Pain and Headaches
How to Ease Annoying, Daily, Frustrating
Headaches and Neck Pain the
Natural Way -
Before it gets any worse!
If you or a loved one has ever dealt with neck pain and headaches, a question that has surely gone through your mind is:
"Why is this happening to me?"
"Why am I still suffering with neck pain and headaches (and maybe shoulder pain, too) and STILL putting up with it for 6 months, or sometimes more?"
Don't worry. You're not alone. In fact, most people who have headaches and neck pain have had it before, and they figure it usually works itself out on its own. They think they'll just wake up one morning and like "magic", it will be as if it never happened... but it doesn't. Weeks and months go by and they're still waiting. In fact, it might even be worse than when it originally started.
Does That Sound Like You?
After people realize their neck pain or headaches aren't getting better, they'll go see their doctor. We see this situation all the time in our PT clinic. Their doctor will usually tell them to rest and "try these painkillers to see if they help" and then to follow up in a month to six weeks. Well, they can tell it's not working very well after a few weeks but still have to wait for their next appointment. When they finally get back to see their doctor, they are given ANOTHER prescription of a different medication or even stronger pills.
Has That Ever Happened To You?
Maybe you are confused because you've been told different things by different people. Maybe you think you have migraine headaches, but is your neck actually where the problem is? It's a very confusing part of the body to figure out and pin point what's causing the pain. This often leads people to procrastinate and hesitate making a decision to help their neck pain and headaches. What's more troubling is that many people just end up accepting it as 'part of life', as if it's normal and they just have to "play the cards they've been dealt".
is this how you feel?
if you are currently living with neck pain, headaches, or even shoulder pain, here are 8 more reasons Why it could be Lasting longer than it should:
- You thought it would go away on it's own, but it didn't.
- You went to get help from the doctor who suggested to "take it easy" and take painkillers. The pills didn't help like you hoped, and the headaches and neck pain came back when the pills wore off.
- A family member or friend told you headaches & neck pain (or stiffness) is just a part of life as you age, so you just accepted it.
- Family or friends (on Facebook or Instagram) say they have a "fix" to it, but those solutions don't work either. You get more frustrated that NOTHING seems to help.
- You sought help from other healthcare professionals (like a Chiropractor or a Physical Therapist) in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to really help.
- You thought if you stopped being so active and doing the things you like and rested, your neck pain and headaches would get better, but the pain still irritates you.
- You tried using things like a TENS unit or heating pad, but they really didn't make the pain any better (or at least for very long).
- You thought a few "massages" would surely help, hoping they would do the trick. Although they were nice and relaxing, it didn't do anything to fix it long term...
If any of these scenarios sound familiar, we would love to invite you to book a call with our Physical Therapist to find out what we can do to help. The fact that you've tried any or all of these things means we know what doesn't work - and also means we are closer to find what DOES. Click the link below to book a call and get some solid advice:
The next question we get all the time is:
"what cAN you do to get rid of neck/shoulder pain and headaches?"
Well, for starters, here are 4 simple things you can do:
1. First of all, you need to make a decision about getting help. Too many people try to wait it out thinking the pain will just go away. Then they look back weeks or months later and they're still dealing with it, and it's usually worse than when it first started.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises. One of the best things to help ease your headaches or neck pain is to the the right exercises, in the right order, progressed in the right way. These exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce your headaches and neck pain and allow you to move with more freedom. And most importantly, make sure the problem won't come back any time soon.
3. Avoid sleeping or sitting in awkward positions. Have you ever woken up with a headache or neck pain? Or, as the day wears on, you feel tightness creep into your neck and shoulders? Those are signs that something needs to change. Sitting or sleeping in positions that cause pain is a signal that you've spent too much time in that position. It really helps to stay active and be prescribed the right strength and posture exercises to restore health as quickly as possible.
4. See a real, "hands-on" Physical Therapist. Physical Therapy is proven to help people with headaches and neck pain. In fact, at Fenix Physical Therapy & Performance, it's one of the most common issues we see. If your neck pain or headaches are affecting your job, your desire or ability to be social with friends or family, your sleep with tension, aching, or stiffness, or if it simply stops you from being at your best, a proactive approach in physical therapy can get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how we at Fenix Physical Therapy & Performance can help you live with fewer headaches and less neck pain, we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation appointment:
How can choosing to see a Physical Therapist at Fenix Physical Therapy help you get rid of Neck Pain and/or Headaches?
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of treatment sessions.
- We can help you find out what's really going on and get to the root cause of your headaches and/or neck pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes.
- We can help you have fewer headaches that are less intense and don't last as long.
- Pain can "drain" you of energy and won't let you get a good nights rest. We can help you get more restful sleep at night and live with more energy each day.
- We will ensure that your problem is "healing" properly, and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery.
- We can help you put an end to your daily dose of painkillers, which aren't good for your long-term health.
- We can help you avoid surgery and even painful injections.
- We can help keep you out of the doctor's waiting room.
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with your family and friends.
Basically...the team at Fenix Physical Therapy can help you get back to your best while living free from annoying and frustrating headaches and neck pain.
If you want to know what it costs and what availability we have at our office in the Gilbert/Queen Creek area, then please just click the button below and complete the short form: